Friday, March 19, 2010

WARNING!

To those that have been re-directed to our humble little site and wondered what all the fuss with the contact lens is all about, I (Jessica) have the story of the entire drama. I felt that the seller had gone overboard to highlight my details on the site to humiliate me!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just received a pair of lens that I bought from this site. Stated in their website "# All authentic from Korea with Anti Fake Sticker (edited recently to "only GEO lens"). On their website, there were images of those so called "original" pictures of the lens too (now removed). I placed an order and since it was a ready stock item, my items arrived to me just today. I got a shock! The items appeared to me totally nude of any packaging whatsoever! No Anti-Fake stickers alright. There were only stickers at the top of the bottle to indicate the power. I feel so cheated! :(

(from their website, which they've now deleted)

(pics credited to Marshmallow Popsicles) - This is the image of the actual product

This is the item I've received from them. Notice, the cap's labellings, they were not even the same to indicate that it's the same product I'd received!

And her reply "Hi dear, all my lenses are 100% original. Normally supplier there will post the box and label separately with the lenses. I got my own label which supply by supplier." Now does that sound convincing to you? I bought what was supposed to be the BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY, not some label of her own! Crazy! It's totally her word against mine. How ridiculous is that? How can I not be sure that this contact lens isn't an imitation of the popular barbie lens that is made by some China company? "Buy at your own risk. We will not responsible of any problem of your eyes". That's the seller's guarantee that's contradicting her "authenticity" claim on her site. The lens is not cheap, at RM45.

Things got really heated up after I'd sent her emails to prove authenticity. I felt that I needed to explain things to protect myself and my humble business.

ME: Hi, I received my lens already..may I know how come this lens totally doesn't come with any packaging at all?
There's not even a label on it to indicate that its a Barbie Eye lens.
This is the real barbie eye super nudy lens:


Can you please explain this or change to other brand's lenses for me (with label and packaging and serial)?
I don't even feel secure to wear these lenses since they could be from some china company.

ClassicGeoLens:
Hi dear, all my lenses are 100% original.
Normally supplier there will post the box and label separately with the lenses.
I got my own label which supply by supplier.

ME:
So how can you assure me that it's original?
You should've asked your supplier to pack everything nicely for your customers.
Now how should I check to see if it's original. It's your word against mine. Isn't that ridiculous?
There's no anti-fake sticker. For all I know your stocks can be from China.
This is written on your blog. All authentic from Korea with Anti Fake Sticker
So where is the anti-fake sticker?
If I don't get what I see on your site, I believe I'm entitled to a refund.

This is the picture that I got on your site. Mine is totally blank. Totally not what I expected at all.
Don't push the responsibility to your supplier as you're the one I'm dealing with.

ME:
Please reply to my emails and take responsibility for your products.
If I don't hear from you by tonight, I'll make sure to warn others about your shop. (uncalled for, but I was worried she wouldn't reply)

ClassicGeoLens:
Anti fake sticker is only for geo lens.
Please check before you blame
I got directly from Korea supplier ok?
Please google search OEM. (never EVER stated on her site earlier that the lenses were OEM!)
My products are original.
If you think got box got that label only is original lens I can give you 100 boxes 100 label as what you wish.
You are really innocent.

ClassicGeoLens:
Hey, go and complain if you like.
Those who purchase with me before they will know my lens are genuine.
The picture is my first batch of Barbie eyes lens ok?
After that I directly apply from my Korea supplier to have my own label.
Once again, go warn others not to buy with me as you wish.
I'm not 24 hours online ok I'll offline one not don't reply you.

ClassicGeoLens:
I'll show you the CERTIFICATE once I got home.
I want you to apologize for what you said.
And please make clear one thing, ANTI FAKE STICKER is only for Geo Lens.
If I'm selling fake lens what for I'm here to reply you?
If I'm selling fake lens why there's so many returning customer?
Lastly, just wait my mail for the CERTIFICATE.
Please apologize after that.
Just go and warn others about my shop, I don't scare at all.
I only want to deal with those who trust me.
IF I SELL CHINA STUFF, I'LL CURSE MYSELF

ME:
You're the naive one here.
Firstly, I clarified, I wanted to buy the BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY LENS.
Which part of my email did you not understand?
So obviously I expect to see the box and stickers of the BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY LENS.
Not YOUR label lah!
I saw pictures of the lenses in the packaged bottles on your website.
So if you have 100 boxes and stickers, then why on earth didn't you stick them on at the beginning to avoid a problem like this? Isn't this YOUR problem?
How can you expect your customer to understand or not even question the authenticity of your products without something as simple as labelling when you HAVE them! I only reason with a logic and what you've explained to me doesn't sound logical at all.
If it's clearly stated BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY LENS WITH SELLERS OWN LABEL, I wouldn't have been so offended since I'm the one who didn't read the terms properly. So are you going to expect me to ask you for pics of the actual product?

I don't owe you an apology. It's you who owes ME an apology. For being so rude, and calling me naive. Do I need to teach you lessons on how to keep your cool and being professional as a seller with manners? Or obviously it's not important to you? Because your feelings are hurt by my accusation?
Just get over yourself. How dare you tell me what to do when in the first place instead of insulting me, you should've been trying to convince me in a nice manner regardless of your feelings?

And I see that you've JUST edited your terms All authentic from Koreawith Anti Fake Sticker (Only for GEO lens). I'm not easy to fool my dear.

You should also edit your BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY LENS's title altogether since obviously the brand is obviously NOT Barbie Eye Super Nudy contacts!


ClassicGeoLens:
Yes, i just change it cause I don't want to have second customer like you.
I'm really regret to accept your order from the beginning.
You know why I don't like?
Cause you are hurting me of telling me that my lens are not genuine one!
1st, if you buy lens only care for the box and label I'll contact my Barbie Eye's supplier ask them to mail me those boxes and label and I'll post to you. You just let me know how many you want.
2nd, you're the one who being rude first ok?
3rd, lens the important thing not the LABEL and BOX BUT IS THE QUALITY OF THE LENS.
And I'm going off and back home.
Will mail you all the certificate including the OEM from Barbie Eyes to you.
I won't apologize to you cause I'm not selling fake lens.
Just wait my mail.

ME:
1. I ordered BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY lens. Whether they are genuine or not, I do not know because of the packaging. Yes, strictly because of the packaging. Are you seriously going to tell me that you won't freak out if you were in my shoes, and just "trust" your seller because of what she says? This is reality. People can say ANYTHING to make you believe them. You say the labelling is not important, but how naive, of course it is! The labelling tells you that you're buying a product from that brand! My goodness I can't believe that I have to explain it to you! This is our eyes we're talking about, a delicate part of our body. Who would want to risk buying fake lenses??
I'm honestly trying to put this in the nicest way I can, because you accuse me of being rude.
2. You never answered my question from the beginning. If you have the packaging, why didn't you stick them on in the beginning? Is it so difficult?
3. Tell me, where did I accuse of you of selling non-genuine contacts? In my previous e-mail "For all I know your stocks can be from China." I was questioning the authenticity since it's my word against yours. You understand? I really wonder if you get the whole point of my complaints at all.

To make things short, I am very disappointed that I did not get the lens that I expected to receive. I.E. the lenses that were pictured on your blog with the labelling and boxes. I did not expect to be accused of being rude and naive, when it was never mentioned on your blog that you "OEM-ed" the lenses, and stripped the labelling. So what I received was totally out of my expectations, and I have the right to question the authenticity. I don't know about all your other buyers but don't treat your buyers as though they are idiots and get defensive when they question your product. It's their right when they receive the items different from what they expected. Anyway, I don't need those useless boxes. I just want a refund.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ClassicGeoLens has then decided to publish my name with my details as a seller to threaten and humiliate me, all the while demanding an apology from me!

In her site earlier, she has NEVER stated that the lenses were OEM, only insisting that her stocks are original/genuine! And she proceeded to quickly update her site, and to date, she has never clarified anything. After our correspondence, she now reveals that "many of our customer misunderstood that our lens not genuine one". (updated-erased)

As consumers, I believe that we have the right to question our purchases if we feel we're not satisfied, especially in this case where we are dealing with something as delicate as our eyes! I'm a frequent online shopper, and normally wouldn't go to the extent of defaming other blogshops, but this seller, IRENE, has crossed the line this time by releasing my details and also by misleading her customers to purchase lenses that are misrepresented on her site.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES


The seller ClassicGeoLens has emailed me with the certificate to prove authenticity.
Actually, to be honest, I don't even know what this certificate really means. From my understanding, it basically states that the VASSEN, the company, has the legal rights to manufacture these colored lens. But there are no details on the model /serial of the affected lenses, as I thought they were supposed to be registered (Can someone enlighten me on this?). But that doesn't explain why the lenses come without the packaging, or is necessary proof that these lenses that I purchased, are from the Vassen company, as there is absolutely no labelling at all on these lenses to indicate that.

ME: (after seller emailed me the image)
You should put it on your website. And explain to your many customers about this issue since they have questions on authenticity just like me. This is still not proof that the lenses that I bought are from Vassen. You get what I mean? Can you kindly refund me? As I have never ever bought contacts in this sort of packaging before and I really don't feel confident to use it, and furthermore, this is certainly not the item that I'd paid for and expected to receive.


ClassicGeoLens:
No need to put on my blog.
Non of my customer worry bout thr authecity of those lens I sell. (contradicting her statement again!)
You're the only one.
I'm not sure what you want.
No refund, I can exchange to you if you want.
You can directly mail vassen to check whether my stocks are from them or not.
If you want just exchange no refund cause I din sell fake lenses to you and I can quarantee the authenticity of the lens. (here we go again!)

ME:
Hi Irene, I would really like nothing more than a refund, as I feel that I really cannot trust you / your guarantees. Earlier, you published on your blog saying that "many of our customer misunderstood that our lens not genuine one". And now, you claim that NONE of your customers worry about the authenticity of your lens. So which is it? You asked me what I wanted:
I want a refund! I want a refund because the item you sent me is not the item I bought!

ClassicGeoLens:
Sorry to say that I won't refund to you.
You can exchange if you want to.
Let give a think on it, if I'm really selling fake lens why am I still want to reply you.
Why am I still want to waste my time to talk with you?
I'll refund if I'm selling fake lens, I won't refund it's just because of I'm selling original one.
I can just refund you if I really got do something bad.
I won't that stupid ruin my business just because of your RM 45 but now I won't cause I din did anything wrong.
Lens are authentic one.
Exchange is the only way to solve.
Stop threatened me.

ME:
You threatened me first. And you ARE wrong. Don't you get my point? I paid for something that I saw on your site. I did NOT receive that item! Instead, I got something which could be from anywhere! And I don't want to exchange, because I've had enough of this. I was only interested in these lenses. I just can't trust you after you kept twisting and turning your words. How am I supposed to be convinced that what you're selling is authentic beside you repeatedly insisting that it's authentic? Please stop insulting me. If you really want to stop wasting time talking to me, please, just give me the refund!


ClassicGeoLens:
Alright.
I will free you another pair as you wish. (never asked for it)
I already told you that it's original one but you don't trust.
I told you what you also don't trust how do u communicate with you?
I started selling on blog a year ago and here you go.
Google search ester~22 this name then you can know my lens are aunthentic or what.
I won't refund that's all.
I wouldn't stand for so long if I wanted to cheat you RM 45.
And I can show you the shipping document from Korea as well.
You can just tell me what you want but no refund.
I will proof to you I'm not selling fake lens.

ClassicGeoLens:
I'll send you another with the box you want the label you want by Monday.
I'm going to sleep now.
Go and ruin my blog.
Thanks.
Good night

ME:
I am only interested in the original
BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY lens. With its original packaging. I don't know, please don't even try to think of removing the sticker off the same blue lens stock you gave me earlier and just pasting the BARBIE eye sticker on top of the cap! I will be able to recognize it immediately. Please. I don't want any more stocks without the original packaging and labelling. I will scrutinize all the little details of the packaging, so please don't try it. If you can't give it to me then please do the decent thing by giving me a refund since you are unable to provide what is promised on the pictures. No one is ruining your blog or reputation, but yourself.

ClassicGeoLens:
Can you tell me the lens you receive is totally blank or with a label (sticker) which stated japan big eyes lens (OEM label)?
I'll send out the lens by Monday via pos express.
Do check carefully when you receive it.
And the only way to prove my lens are authentic one is contact the person in charge in Korea whom I always ordered lens with. You go check dueba, vassen and geo's official website then you can find it.
Alright, that's all I want to say.
Just wait until you receive the lens then you judge by yourself either my lens are original or fake.
The only reason why I refuse to refund and wanted to replace another pair to you.
Refund = I admit I'm selling fake lens
Exchange = the only chance to prove my lens are genuine
Alright, enjoy your weekend and I might not be able to reply you after this.
Thanks

ME:
These are the lenses I received. Were you not the one who did the posting of the lens?
If you had no idea what lens were sent to me, how could you be so defensive in the first place?

(picture inserted)

As you can see, there is totally no labelling except for the power. How am I supposed to know if this is the DUEBA SUPER NUDY (also checked on your website-no labeling!)?
Dear, a refund doesn't mean that you admit that you're selling fake lens. The reason I want a refund is that I didn't get what I paid for. I wanted the original BARBIE EYE SUPER NUDY (complete with labeling and packaging) but instead I got an OEM lens! Do you still not get what I mean? You can't just sell an item claiming that it's original and authentic and expecting your customers not to question you when the items they receive are like this! Please understand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED (24 March 2010)
Seller has posted out the original lens to me in the correct packaging and labelling. :D Thanks!

Now...I am still keeping the lens that the seller has refused to take back (without the packaging and labelling).

If any of you wants / dares to try it, do let me know!
You're welcome to have it, all you have to do is pay for the postage. :P

5 comments:

  1. gosh. the seller does require simple english classes. NOT trying to be an 'english teacher' here. but really, which part of barbie eye super nudy that she doesn't understand? totally DIFFERENT from what she sent to you. you're not asking to buy her 'own label'. is she that ignorant or really cannot think properly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is exactly my point! I wouldn't have created such a big fuss and feeling cheated if she'd stated earlier that the product was OEM and doesn't come with any packaging or labelling. I wouldn't even have bought it from her in the first place if that were the case. But NO! The descriptions and pictures are obviously an outright lie in this case! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think until now she dun really understand what you're complaining; hence not answering your question. She think her lenses are GENUINE lenses or OEM can be sold as genuine lenses..therefore she did nothing wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you really don't mind the fuss, go to the Tribunal Court? Sellers like this need to be taught a hard lesson

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) different people have different perception. It depend on how we see, judge and accept a matter.

    In this case, maybe she (the seller) sees you as a threat trying to sabotaj her business or whatsoever.

    Glad that you received at last for what you have paid for. :P

    ReplyDelete